Hi blog readers! Today I want to talk about wedding day prep. The following are some tips to help you look and feel your best on one of the most special days of your life.
1. Tanning: If you’re going to tan before the wedding, be sure to avoid tan lines – especially if you have a strapless dress. If you’re getting married in the summer, make sure that in the two to three months leading up to your wedding, you’re tanning evenly to avoid tan lines.
2. Hair & Makeup: Get your hair and makeup professionally done. Be sure to do a trial run beforehand to ensure you like the look before your big day.
3. Accessories: Try on your dress with different accessories you’re considering wearing on your wedding day. This way, you know what it looks like with the dress so you know for sure what you want to wear, and are not trying to decide on a necklace, etc. on the day of your wedding. This takes away getting ready time and causes unnecessary stress.
4. Shoes: Walk around in your wedding shoes prior to the big day to get them worn in. Also, take some sandpaper to the bottoms to scuff them up a bit so you don’t slip down the aisle or on the dance floor. If you are going to walk around in grass, you’ll want to get some high heel protector caps so you don’t sink in the grass. Also be conscious of walking on uneven grass so you don’t face plant in your pretty white dress.
5. Eat & Drink: The best way for you to look your best is to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water the days leading up to, and the day of, your wedding. Also, be sure to eat on your wedding day throughout the day so you don’t pass out or get a headache. And if you’re going to drink alcohol, don’t get drunk before photos – especially if it’s red wine that can stain everything (including your mouth). It’s best to save this for after all the big events at your reception.
If you follow these tips, you'll have more fun on your wedding day, trust me!
Meantime, enjoy some photos below of Klair and Leroy, a sweet and happily married couple whom I had the pleasure of photographing at the Soho63 styled shoot in late April. The following is a list of Instagram handles for the participating vendors:
Styling/Coordinating | @ryannlindseyphotography
Styling | @Darlingfound
Venue | @soho63
Floral | @moonchildfloralco
Hair/Makeup | @thebeautybar_allison
Wedding Dress | @nordstrom
Cake | @Siftbakehouseaz
Macarons | @decadentmacaron
Invitation Suite | @shotgunningforlove
Cake/plate toppers | @secretdoorshoppe
Custom Cocktails | @coupleofbartenders
Fabric | @silkandwillow
Rose Gold Chargers / Blush Goblets | @theconfettistudio